Hi
        It seems to me that dev branches are sync with master by keep merging
trunk codes. E.g. scala-2.10 branches continuously merge latest master code
into itself for update.

        While I am wondering, what's the general guide line on doing this? It
seems to me that not every code in master are merged into scala-2.10 branch.
Say, on OCT 10, there are a merge from master to scala-2.10 branch. While some
commit in OCT.4 not included. E.g. StandaloneX rename to CoarseGrainedX. So I
am puzzled, how do we track which commit is already merged into scala-2.10
branch and which is not? And how do we plan to merge scala-2.10 branch back to
master? And is there any good way to find out that any changes are done by 2.10
branch or by master through merge operation. It seems to me pretty hard to
identify them and sync codes.

        It seems to me that a rebase on master won't lead to the above issues,
since all branch changes will stay on the top. So any reason that merging is
chosen instead of rebase other than not want a force update on checked out
source?

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu