At 12:35 PM -0700 5/18/04, Abhishek Khandelwal wrote:
Thanks Joe for your detailed reply.

Where can I get Struts 1.2.1 Version source code?
I am little skeptible of taking the todays nightly-build source code.

There's no "release candidate" code for 1.2.1. Once commons-validator is released, we'll assess the open bugs, fix what we can and mark the others for "LATER", and then use that day's "nightly-build source code" to cut 1.2.1 -- so you can't do much better than CVS HEAD. (I never did understand the appeal of downloading source tarballs; it's much easier to keep up with changes using CVS...)

I have few more questions, like, does the 1.2.1 version support Tomcat
5.0. Since I am using Tomcat5. I can see from build-test.xml that it has
cactus test case for tomcat5.

Also, if it supports tomcat5, would it be compatible to Servlet2.4?

And lastly, would it be backward compatible, in terms of supporting
previous versions of tomcat?

Regarding Servlet versions, Struts is built to work against Servlet 2.2/JSP 1.1. One of the outstanding bugs refers to some issues with differences between the HttpServletRequest interface, (as implemented in MultipartRequestWrapper) which has sprouted new methods in 2.3 and again in 2.4. But if you aren't using any of those things, then it should work fine in Tomcat 5 -- several people who post to this list or the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list refer to running Struts under Tomcat 5, although I have no personal experience.

Open source code is yours -- especially if you're building from source -- so just grab what's in CVS HEAD and if you find bugs, fix 'em! (Or at least report 'em.) This is how we make it better.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin