I see no reason why struts-faces shouldn't track the development of Struts. It should always build against CVS HEAD and the same dependencies. Maybe at some point in the future we'd need a "maintenance" branch of struts-faces, but I don't think enough people use it yet for us to get hung up on that.

So then you are saying that it should not be bogged down by having to build against struts 1.0 for example. The idea is to always keep it current.

Makes sense to me; I think you only get bogged down after you release software and have some obligation to existing users. Since there are no existing struts-faces users, I don't think we should make our lives difficult or boring :^) If some user comes along later and says "gee, I really wish I could use struts-faces, if only it were compatible with X", then we'd say "ok, send us some patches!" Or at least "file it as a bugzilla enhancement request, and we'll see who decides to take it."

As with any part of Struts, interested developers are always encouraged to dive in. Since I've never written a struts-faces app, I haven't spent any time with that code.

Good to hear. I would like to get involved and this seems like a logical place to do it as I am frustrated with many of the shortcomings of the RI for jsf.

great!

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."