Wow, that's kind of harsh, Duncan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Mills [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 3:38 AM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: Struts Web Services Enablement Project

Frank forgive me here, but playing Devils Advocate, if you have clean
MVC separation then surely the last thing you want to do is to expose
Actions as Web Services.
It is reasonable to want to expose Business Service Providers such as
EJB, or TopLink beans as Web Services but that's up in the model layer,
what's the point in pushing the access point down into the Controller code?

Or do you see here a solution for all those folks who've not followed
best practice and have intermingled Controller functionality with
Business logic..?

Regards

Duncan Mills
Senior Principal Product Manager