At 9:55 AM -0400 6/9/04, James Holmes wrote:
The issue with the validator that prevents the struts-faces code from
working with Struts 1.1 and CVS head is the removal of xxxx.ValidatorUtil
and the creation of xxxx.util.ValidatorUtils.  Struts 1.1 use ValidatorUtil
and the CVS head uses util.ValidatorUtils.  The thing that could fix this is
to replace the ValidatorUtil class and just make it deprecated.  I believe
it was that way for some time.

Ah.. and now I understand better -- on commons-dev, it has emerged that Ted was apply patches to commons-validator CVS HEAD, which is a 1.2.x branch with deprecations removed.

Someone needs to apply the patches to the VALIDATOR_1_1_2_BRANCH. I'm not sure if Ted still has time to spend or not.

ValidatorUtil is still in the 1.1.2 branch.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
- Carlos Santana