Michael Rasmussen wrote:

Sorry if this comes thru as an HTML post.  This is my first post to the
list.  Let me know if it is a problem.

I have been using struts for a while now and really like it. I have also
used asp.net and really like some of the features in the ms framework.

I am excited at the prospect of JSF bringing these features to JSP/Java.
One thing I really think is missing is support for mobile profiles. (Cell
phones/wap/pda's) I think struts faces would be a great place to try to put
some of that together. I am interested in doing this and wondering how to
go about getting set up and if there are others interested. Michael

Michael,

This response is very late (I've been too busy for words lately). But I would recommend that mobile profiles as you describe would make a good candidate for a stand-alone library of pure JavaServer Faces components and renderers ... they need not be tied to Struts, as they would be if included in struts-faces directly. The only thing that should be in struts-faces (IMHO) is bindings to tie the two frameworks together, plus a few tags to make the transition easier for existing Struts based apps -- and one could easily argue that even those should be separated from the core integration library.

Craig McClanahan