This is a Chicken and an an Egg situation. Not enough people use Validator standalone for it to be promoted. Validator 1.1.3 only works with a nightly build of Struts. So to get the required number of users Validator will need in a released version of Struts to get the testing it needs to be promoted.

Isn't this one of the benefits of the new release scheme that both projects use?. I would be -1 on voting to call Struts 1.2.1 "General Availability" if we couldn't call Validator 1.1.3 "General Availability" -- but that isn't the same as being -1 on *releasing* Struts 1.2.1

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
- Carlos Santana