Looking at what the Geronimo crowd is doing (extensive use of this Maven facility) should provide some fruitful material for study. I'm sure that those guys would also provide pointers about what works (and, more importantly, what doesn't work) when managing a large, complex, code base with lots of cross dependencies.

I didn't get very far on this last night; I stayed at the office to work on it and ended up helping someone else meet a deadline.

But in any case, I'm starting to think about it and will be working on this as I have time, and I will definitely check out the Geronimo CVS repository for ideas.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
- Carlos Santana