Date: 2004-09-21T11:29:13
   Editor: KrisSchneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Wiki: Apache Struts Wiki
   Page: BeanPropertyNames

   no comment

New Page:

##language:en
#pragma section-numbers off

The rules for property names are really pretty simple. They're explained in the
Java``Doc for the {{{java.beans.Introspector.decapitalize}}} mehtod as well as in the
[http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/docs/spec.html JavaBeans Specification]
(Section ''8.8 Capitalization of inferred names''). As you might expect, the rules are
actually codified in {{{java.beans.Introspector.decapitalize}}}. Here's a snippet from
the Spec:

...we normally convert the first character to lower case. However to support the
occasional use of all upper-case names, we check if the first two characters of the
name are both upper case and if so leave it alone. So for example,[[BR]]
 "Foo``Bah" becomes "fooBah"[[BR]]
 "Z" becomes "z"[[BR]]
 "URL" becomes "URL"[[BR]]
We provide a method Introspector.decapitalize which implements this conversion rule.