At 7:01 PM -0400 9/30/04, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
I came across something yesterday that might be good fodder for a debate...

Another approach which I have used is to consider an authorization failure a "business exception" and throw an "UnauthorizedUserException" which can then be mapped using Struts declarative exception handling to look up the appropriate message (based on the exception handler config's "key" property) and deliver a usable message to an Error JSP.

But now that you know about "saveErrors" (and don't forget "saveMessages"), you probably don't need yet another solution!

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
- Carlos Santana