To: "Struts Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 2:50 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] HTTPD or Tomcat (once more with feeling) [was Adopt ...]

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:23:05 -0500, Eddie Bush wrote:
Most of my concerns are in the Release Guidelines. It's ambiguous
to say any release should follow the guidelines of both tomcat and
httpd. They're decidedly different with respect to where the
emphasis is placed.

If someone can provide a link to the Tomcat Guidelines, we could drop the link to HTTPD.

Or, someone could merge Craig's bullets:

----

* Post what amounts to a release candidate and
announce to a limited audience (dev and user
lists) asking for testing.

* Testing ensues ...

* Call a vote on the release, with the options
to call it alpha, beta, stable (that's fine
with me), or withdraw (if there was some
bad problem).

* Announce to the world and do the usual process
of distributing the bits.

----

with the "Additional remarks" on the Release Guidelines page, to create our own version.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0444-3, 10/29/2004
Tested on: 10/30/2004 12:59:29 AM