On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:56:31 -0800, Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Essentially, I am trying to keep a WeakReference to
> Point classes so that when I update the Point.class I can change the
> classes for all the PointImpl objects out there.

My understanding of Java (extensive in many areas, but not necessarily
comprehensive here) is that this kind of replacement is *not* possible
at all.  At best, you can create new instances of the new class and
then transfer the state information -- but that still doesn't clean up
references that other objects will have to the old instance.

> Jack

Craig