On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:24:23 -0300, Edgar Poce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Are there any other characters that should be filtered for security
>  > reasons?
>
> I think there are not. I thought it was a html escape tool and I
> expected it replaced 'à' with "&agrave" for example. But I see it's not
> the purpose.
>
> Has it any sense to add an "escape" attribute with values "html",
> "javascript", ...?

I guess I am still missing the use case for doing this sort of thing
... what's the reasoning?

If you're talking about webapps, by the way, another option is to use
a Servlet Filter that intercepts the output and performs this sort of
transformation.  That solution would work on *any* way to generate the
markup -- without requiring that the application source be modified.

> Thanks for your quick response
> Edgar

Craig