On Wed, February 2, 2005 1:10 pm, Joe Germuska said:
> This actually stimulated another thought.  Perhaps instead of
> overriding process validate, you could arrange to have your
> ActionMappings dynamically instantiated with the correct value for
> "input" (assuming that you can know it before you do the validation.)

Actually, now you've stimulated a though in me! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but processPreprocess() fires BEFORE
processValidate(), correct?  In that case, since I can in fact determine the
input after processPreprocess() fires, I can simply call setInput() on the
mapping with the new value, and everything should work as expected.

Sound about right to you Joe?

> I still think using the ComposableRequestProcessor is an easier solution!

You didn't answer the question I was hoping you would though :)  Is that class
based on the CoR-based Struts codebase?  If so, while I in no way diagree with
you that it's probably the better/easier solution, I'm not quite ready to move
to the CoR paradigm with this yet.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect