On 8/2/05, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Craig,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.  There is a slight twist to my usecase that I
> don't think I mentioned.  We have created a LookupDialog which takes a
> 'start' and 'stop' attribute.  It allows you to use a portion of
> another dialog.  I know there is <subdialog> but that is to cumbersome
> when you have a dialog of 10 steps but then want to allow the user to
>
> We also have a common set of buttons that we resuse through tiles.  If
> its a single step dialog we just have an OK and CANCEL button.  If
> there are multiples steps we have PREV NEXT and CANCEL.  Whether or
> not we show the NEXT button depends on if there is a "next" transition
> available.  To use your solution, there would be a next transition (it
> would be an ActionState which checks for matches) but its not a
> visible transition.
>
> Any thoughts on this wrinkle?  Also, if you're interested I can show
> you the code I added for LookupDialog.  Even if you don't use it, you
> might be interested to see how people are using Shale.

Hmm ... it's definitely hard to picture what your after without the
details, so it would be helpful to see the code.  But there *is* a
subtlety to Shale's dialog support that might or might not help ...
you can reuse the same JSP page (and its backing bean) in more than
one <dialog> if you want -- you do not *have* to resort to subdialogs
for reuse.  Does that help?

> Regards,
>
> sean

Craig