I'm with Ted on this - Tiles really should be standalone and out on its own, lest Struts just be an umbrella project. It is the odd man out next to Shale and Action, and would benefit from a wider audience. Either Tiles as a TLP, Jakarta project or Jakarta Commons would fit to me. The lack of developer support is worrisome, though, regardless what we do with it.

Don