On 5/13/06, Paul Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For this reason, I believe tiles and scripting should not belong
with the struts distribution. I've tried to view them as part of the
core product (which the examples and taglib align to), but I can't
force myself to believe they are really 1.3 - they are 1.0.1 and 1.3.

I recommend we remove them from the distribution and allow them to
downloaded separately. Or, give them their real version numbers back.

The moves of both Scripting and Tiles were discussed on the dev list
before they happened.  No objections were raised to folding Scripting
into Struts Action.  Struts Tiles was also brought back into Struts
Action on the theory that even after Standalone Tiles is released,
there will still need to be some "glue" code between it and Struts
Action, so there will always be a 'struts-tiles' jar.

I'd recommend reviewing the archived messages if you haven't already,
and then starting another [proposal] thread if you still feel strongly
about it.

I'm not in favor of splitting any part of the current Struts Action
distribution back out into a separate subproject.

--
Wendy