On 5/28/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes it is related and will look in session scope if not found in
request scope - basically its the same as the "name" attribute on the
TagUtils.getActionMessages() to retrieve the messages which uses
PageContext.findAttribute() which searches all the scopes:
   page-->request-->session-->application

Thank you!  I know I've already fixed some documentation about having
errors and messages in any scope, and finding this now made me unsure
whether it was the same thing.  I'll fix the TLD so the generated docs
will be correct.

--
Wendy