On 6/13/06, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I tried a fresh checkout on
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/shale/branches/mvn_reorg).  I'm still seeing the
same error when executing "mvn clean install" from the branch root or from
mvn_reorg/shale-test.  Not sure what I've messed up.

I can neither explain this nor reproduce it here.  Somehow, you seem
to be compiling against the Servlet 2.5 API.

This is a stretch:  Try deleting $M2_REPO/javax/servlet/servlet-api/
and recompiling.  It should download the api jar again.

Also check ~/.m2/settings.xml to make sure there's nothing odd in your
local settings (though I can't see how you'd be overriding a
dependency version from there.)

If all else fails, (so you can keep working,) comment out shale-test
in the list of modules in the parent pom and it should retrieve the
one in the snapshot repository.

--
Wendy