On Jun 14, 2006, at 9:32 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Greg Reddin asked:
I'm not really sure what the use of the beanName and beanProperty
values are, so if someone wants to enlighten me on that, I'd
appreciate it.

I would guess that's just to get the tile name from a bean property.
With the availability of EL, that seems like an unnecessary feature.

That begs the question of the rest of the taglib. Most tags support beanName, beanProperty, and beanScope. Are we at a point where we can assume el yet? Would that preclude Standalone Tiles from being used with Struts 1.x apps? Perhaps the changes I'm proposing will already preclude that.

Greg