On Jul 22, 2006, at 7:29 PM, Ted Husted wrote:

What about this?

* http://www.twdata.org/backups/WW/how-to-build-the-portlet-war-for- a-specific-portal-server.html

Meanwhile, what's involved in setting up Tomcat 5.5. for portlets?

It's a bit more involved than just getting portlets to work in Tomcat. You have to install a portal server like Liferay, Jetspeed, or JBoss Portal. Liferay can be downloaded as a bundle that includes Tomcat. Jetspeed portals can be deployed into Tomcat using Maven 1 (They may have upgraded their scripts to m2 or ant. There was some talk about that but I'm not real sure where it went.) JBoss Portal comes with JBoss, of course.

Liferay also has an ant portlet deployment script that you can use. It seems to me that portlet deployment is more of a function of the portal server than the framework. Is this question related to deploying a Struts 2.0 app as a portlet? If so, maybe the best thing to provide is a portlet wrapper that can work with an s2 app (similar to MyFacesGenericPortlet for MyFaces). Then let the portal vendors provide the deployment script.

Greg