On Oct 5, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:

Greg Reddin ha scritto:

On Oct 5, 2006, at 2:46 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:

Greg Reddin ha scritto:
But don't forget about the <tiles:getAsString> tag as well. It's semantics are quite different from <tiles:insert>. How would it be affected if we removed the GetTag?

I forgot a thing:
<tiles:getAsString> uses GetAttributeTag that does not extend neither GetTag nor InsertTag. Anyway I still think also this tag can be removed, and to use <tiles:insert type="string" />

I'm +1 for that as long as getAsString works the same as insert type="string'.

Well not exactly... <tiles:getAsString> puts an attribute just like calling .toString method. Currently if an attribute is not a string and you specified type="string" raises an exception. Should we change the behaviour of InsertTag or stick with <tiles:getAsString>?

Hmm, I can't find any of my examples of using getAsString but I thought I'd done it like this: <tile><tiles:getAsString name="tilte"/ ></title> or something like that. I would be perfectly fine if I could use <tiles:insert> in that way if getAsString goes away. So I guess my answer to your question is yes :-)

Greg