Hi guys,

I think this option is mentioned before in Struts2 maling list (by Ted if not
mistaken). What do you guys think about us forking Ognl? Ognl is just too
important to WebWork/Struts2.

Thoughts? Good? Bad?

rgds

Alexandru Popescu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On 11/6/06, Don Brown  wrote:
> Vitor Souza wrote:
> >> I'd love to have proper generics support in OGNL.  If
> >> you create an OGNL
> >> patch, be sure to let the Struts dev list know so we
> >> can ensure it gets in.
> >> Don
> >>

> > Don,
> >
> > I hacked OnglRuntime until it worked, but I don't think I have enough
> > knowledge of OGNL and Generics to say that it would work in all cases and
> > that it won't break other parts of it. That's the reason I haven't
> > submitted it as a patch.
> >
> > However, if you'd like I could create a JIRA (Bugzilla?) issue and attach
> > the changes (which are described here:
> > http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=34624&tstart=0) and
> > also a small example application that demonstrates the problem.
> >
> Yes, please create the ticket.  Unfortunately, I don't believe there is
> anyone left who _does_ have enough knowledge of OGNL to truely vet it :(

At some point I was enough familiar with OGNL, but this happened a
while ago. And I must confess I am not 100% generics familiar :-S.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.