The only real disadvantage of defaulting to the struts2-all.jar is that you lose the self-configuration aspect of the plugins. For example, by including the Spring plugin jar, it is able to tell Struts 2 to use its ObjectFactory automatically. However, if you included both the Spring and Plexus plugins, the last one loaded would get to set the ObjectFactory, however, determining which one is last is undetermined.

The other issue is how the struts-plugin.xml files would be handled. IIRC, the struts2-all.jar simply combines the files into one jar. However, that wouldn't work with plugins because they each define a struts-plugin.xml file in their root directory.

Don

Ted Husted wrote:
Right now, we're posting the "api" and "core" JARs for Struts 2

Would it be difficult to switch that to the "all" JAR, which includes
the plugins?

(And, now that I say it, I realize that maybe the all JAR is the one
we should J4.)

Is there a non-technical reason why we are just posting the JARs, and
not the source and the rest of it?