On Dec 1, 2006, at 9:58 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:

Martin Cooper ha scritto:
If Dimensions would ultimately be merged into Tiles, that is one thing, and that might be fine. If, however, you are thinking that Dimensions would live as a "similar concept but separate framework" to Tiles, but within the same TLP, that is quite another thing, and not something I would like to see, not
to mention the ASF Board.

I see. In this case Dimensions does not exist without Tiles: maybe the concept of "subproject" is wrong, it should be considered literally an extension (it contains a lot of classes that extend Tiles ones), or a component. Is the concept of "component" or "extension" incompatible with possible incubation into Tiles TLP?

I haven't looked at Dimensions in detail, but I really like what it adds to Tiles in concept. I could definitely see it becoming part of the framework - either as an extension or as part of the core.

Either way, I do thing it would be better to incubate it after we get the TLP going.

Greg