On 1/28/07, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/26/07, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please also comment out any _snapshot_ repository or pluginRepository
> definitions before tagging 2.0.4.  They are not necessary for a
> release build that doesn't have snapshot dependencies, and leaving
> them in causes problems in corporate environments.

You mean from the settings.xml ?

No, I mean the snapshot <repositories> and <pluginRepositories> in the
struts2-parent pom:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/struts2/trunk/pom.xml

Counting plugins, we have four snapshot dependencies.

Tiles 2, we know about.

HostedQA is for remote integration testing, the profile can be
commented out during the release.

The one in core is for the build itself, (unpacking xwork for the
javadoc?) so I'm not going to argue for holding up a release over it.

The one in assembly appears to be there to *exclude* that dependency
by marking it provided.  My guess is that plexus-container-default was
incorrectly getting pulled in by some other dependency.

The important thing is that when a user declares a dependency on
struts2-core or another struts2 jar, no snapshot dependencies get
pulled in.  [Except tiles 2, for now.]

Thanks for checking these before releasing,
--
Wendy