On 3/11/07, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's still not clear to me why it needs to be released separately. The
justification for the archetypes almost makes sense, but creating a
separate distribution for Struts Annotations still seems like busy
work.

No one objects to releasing the struts-master pom, and it's the same
situation.  Struts 2 depends on struts-master, struts-annotations, and
a bunch of other things. We need released versions of all those things
because we are not supposed to release with snapshot dependencies.

Unfortunately, until we start using Maven to do releases, checking for
those snapshots is a manual process.  I see that 2.0.6 went out with
snapshot dependencies on both struts-annotations and
maven-dependency-plugin.  Luckily, those are build-time dependencies,
so they won't affect anyone just *using* Struts 2.

--
Wendy