On 3/21/07, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/21/07, James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was under the impression that I will be deploying my locally built
> artifacts.

Yes, it's just not clear to me whether deploy creates the artifacts.
It seems to be building and testing something.

The build lifecycle is explained here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

Leaving some things out, it's compile -> test -> package -> install -> deploy.

When you say 'mvn deploy', Maven executes all the things that belong
in all the phases up to and including deploy.

So 'mvn deploy' will compile the code, run the tests, package it up
into jar/war artifacts, install them into your local repository, and
deploy them to the appropriate remote repository based on whether the
version number ends in -SNAPSHOT.

--
Wendy