Hi all,

I am looking for some clarification regarding the maintenance status
of the OGNL library which is currently listed under the 'Orphan OSS'
GitHub org.

I understand this library was previously adopted by Apache Commons
where it received little active development.

What I don't quite understand is why the library was then revived
independently rather than being directly contributed to at
commons-ognl. I can see that commons-ognl is also mirrored on GitHub (
https://github.com/apache/commons-ognl ).

Given Struts' heavy reliance on OGNL, it seems important that the
library has some level of support.

What are the main barriers to unifying the orphaned OGNL project with
the commons-ognl one?

Kusal