Mark,

On 5/15/24 15:58, Mark Thomas wrote:

IIRC, building a debug version just involves adding something obvious like /DEBUG to the compiler and/or linker and/or NOT stripping-out the debug symbols after the build is complete.

Would this represent a burden on the release manager to produce both kinds of builds for an official release?

The make file already includes a DEBUG target. We'd just need to confirm it meet our requirements. Running an additional build isn't too burdensome. If you want OpenSSL and APR compiled in debug mode too then that could me a little more work.

Yeah, I think we would want that, which means we need two complete builds from start to finish. I don't know how the Windows compiler and linker work very well. On Linux, it's common to strip debug symbols at the very end. Can we build everything with debug info and then produce two final libraries: one including those symbols and one with them stripped-out?

In my dissassembly and investigation into that error message, the function doesn't look like it's from tcnative but actually one of the statically-linked objects bundled with it. On other hand, the likelihood of the bug being in tcnative is very high compared to APR or OpenSSL, so having only the debug symbols from tcnative itself would be better than nothing.

-chris