Hi Pablo - welcome back :)

> On 6. Feb 2024, at 12:21, Pablo Duboue <pablo.dub...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I will be issuing tickets for the different improvements I'm tackling:
>
> * Update documentation
> * Separate Python annotator from Python extension
> * Respect multi threading flag for Python
> * Install as system level Python package using Debian
> * Install UIMA as system level using Debian
> * Write GH actions to produce docker image
> * Publish docker image to GitHub registry
>
> I'm putting it here first for discussion in case anybody has any feedback.
> I'm particularly interested in whether the granularity makes sense.

Issue granularity is almost a religious topic. So here is my practical
recommendation:

Create issues at the granularity at which some topic comes into your mind. So
if you are currently thinking at the level of the list above, create issues at
that level of granularity.

When you think more about a particular issue, you might find that there are
particular smaller things you want to do to complete an issue. You can add them
as a checklist to your issue (GitHub markdown has nice support for checklists).

When you actually start working on something, you might care to turn the items
from that checklist into proper issues (GitHub supports that with a single
click when you go with the mouse to a checklist item), then do a PR for that
issue and try to get it done and integrated as quickly as possible. Try
avoiding having loooong PRs.

Avoid applying that process recursively - i.e. don't try to split issues
recursively into smaller issues. Better expand the checklist on the original
planning issue if new steps come up. If you have more than two levels of such
"nested" issues, maintaining an overview can quickly become tricky.

You can also consider using GitHub "Projects" which give you nice boards and
cards that you can use to organize your work. However, in contrast to an issue,
a project does not have an associated discussion thread.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

- Richard