Neil,

I am afraid you miss the most important argument: whether the core developer *want* to develop with Java 5. Its mostly their free time and love they put in Wicket, we should never forget that. (Of course they probably want to have users, etc. But in the end it is their decision.)

Regards,
    Erik.

Neil Curzon wrote:
-1 to JDK 1.6

The possibility of excluding even 1% of potential users for the negligible
benefit of using 1.6-specific features would be a bad decision. 1.5 is
simply the right jdk to be developing frameworks in for now.

Pro 1.6 crowd: Understand that the argument is not that anybody's
organization *should* stay with JDK 1.5, but that some organizations *will*
stay at 1.5 regardless of whether you think they should be up to date. If
the jump from 1.5 to 1.6 was as big as the jump from 1.4 to 1.5, I would be
firmly in the pro-1.6 camp, but the benefits just aren't worth the costs.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/