On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Amal Gunatilake <am...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Following updates has been discussed on $subject.
>
> 1) Make the subscription auto subscribe once the jar bundle is present.
> 2) Check on how to resubscribe if the server goes down and comes up
> 3) If the sever goes down when a message receives check whether it queues
> the message and receive.
> 4) jndi.properties file
>
>    - If the file is already present at conf directory then load the
>    settings but if the expecting parameters not found put error log and show
>    the user needed parameters.
>    - If the file is not present then put the file to conf directory and
>    log a warning message
>
> 5) It was discussed whether we are going to use AMPQ instead JMS. This has
> to be determined which I will open a separate thread for discussion.
>
> 6) Generate UUID and do the message comparison to ignore own messages.
>
> 7) Let the topic name configurable.

Hi Amal,

Have you define a clear API and separate it from JMS implementation ? IMO
having a clear API is must thing for this feature as we may have to include
some other implementations in future. I'm thinking about SNS based
implementation for future where EC2 users have freedom to use native
supported SNS based implementation effectively instead of bringing  and
configuring another message broker into the deployment setup.

Thanks !

> Please update the thread if there are any further updates.
>
>  Thank you  & Best regards,
>
> *Amal Gunatilake*
>  Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com