Hello everyone,

The Fedora infrastructure and the release-engineering teams have worked together
to begin to add namespacing to our infrastructure. The idea is that in a near
future Fedora will distribute more than just rpms, such as docker containers but
also other technologies that might arise [1].

For this, we have been working on a new version of pkgdb2 and a few adjustments
to dist-git allowing to have a docker and a rpm with the same name but under
different namespace.

On Thursday December 17th, we would like to roll out this new release of pkgdb2.

Currently, all your tools: fedpkg, pkgdb-cli, pkgdb-admin should work as they do
today, all changes being backward compatible, but as for everything, there
might be bugs. So we would appreciate if you could let us know as early as
possible
if you think you ran into one, either
- here
- on #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net
- via a ticket on https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/

If you want to see how the new pkgdb2 looks like, feel free to test our staging
instance:
    https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/

Thank you for your help and understanding,

Happy packaging,
Pierre for the Fedora Infrastructure team

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel%40lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/QIHGWL5ZHZXEJJ6YLVSEHKF7W5DPKI24/#VKDVATVI3XJUKIS3EKNGC3HKG4UVA4M4