Hello everyone,

I hope you all are enjoying Fedora 40, and this release also marks the
start of a new election cycle[1]. As of now, the nomination period for
positions on Fedora Council, Fedora Mindshare, FESCo and EPEL Steering
Committee is now open! 🎉

We have some slight changes to some elections this cycle, with more detail
available to read on the Elections blog post coming tomorrow as part of the
Fedora Council hackfest mini-series, but for now the main things you need
to know are the following:

   - We are welcoming the EPEL Steering Committee to our elections cycle!
   There are currently four seats available for the EPEL Steering Committee,
   so if you or someone you know would like to serve for a term of 12 months
   on this committee, you can nominate yourself or someone else on their
   candidate nominations page[2].

   - The Fedora Council is moving to a once-per-year election, and we will
   be electing two new members for this cycle for a 12-month term. If you
   would like to serve on the council, or know someone who would be a great
   fit, you can nominate yourself or other(s) on the council nominations
   page[3].

   - The Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) will have four seats
   open this cycle, and will remain on the current twice per year elections
   cadence. If you would like to nominate yourself, or someone you know who
   would be a great addition to FESCo, you can nominate yourself or others on
   their nominations page[4].

   - The Fedora Mindshare Committee has one seat open for this election
   term, and their election schedule will also stay on the twice-per-year
   cadence. If you would like to get involved, or know someone who would be a
   great person to be considered for the Mindshare committee activities like
   budget management with the FCA, ambassador work, outreachy work, etc, you
   can nominate yourself and/or them now on the nominations page[5].

*Very Important:* Please do not nominate someone for a seat on any of the
above governance bodies without their explicit consent.

The nominations period will be open until Wednesday, May 8th and events
during the F40 elections period can be found on the schedule[6].

[1]
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/program_management/pgm_guide/elections/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Nominations
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Council/Nominations