On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 08:55:02AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> >     Docker Layered Image "packaging" Guidelines [1]
> This current design means Dockerfiles are always secondary shims.
> I think the most interesting case is for new services which are
> Docker/container only at least upstream.

We need to have a good way to track the contents, both the
distro/"packager" level and at the sysadmin/user level, so we can do
security updates. I hope we can get there for non-RPM content, but I
don't think we're even close. So this gives us a reasonable, not so
scary starting point from which we can expand.

See
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/ZQV6YU54EM5YBJWTIBK4WX7KAE7Q6BN6/

--
Matthew Miller