On 06/15/2016 03:04 AM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
In the specific case where upstream decides to ship a Flatpak and wants
to distribute that Flatpak in Fedora, then it seems advantageous to
make that available in Fedora rather than our RPMs, so you get updates
from upstream, exactly the way upstream intends, on upstream's
schedule, that run the same on every distro, without conflicting with
Fedora packages.

But those would just be third-party packages, like we have them today. We won't know what's in them, and we won't be able to update them, diagnose and fix bugs, or integrate them with the rest of the system because we have zero control over them.

And if Fedora doesn't rebuild from source, we won't know if it is possible to do so with the bits upstream provides.

Florian