Introduction
------------

Hello.

I'm Tobias Angele (20 years old) and I want to contribute to fedora packaging
the intellij idea package. I've made already some (really small) contributions,
e.g. to debian:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/wicd.git/log/?qt=author&q=toogley
and https://github.com/AndreaCrotti/yasnippet-snippets/commits?author=toogley .

Additionally, I have some experience in Java(with
maven)/C#/bash/object-orientated programming, but nothing big.

* Github: https://github.com/toogley
* GPG Key:
https://keys.fedoraproject.org/pks/lookup?search=0xf20c5878e65b3b3a&op=vindex
* IRC Nick: freenode -> toogley
* FAS: toogley, FPCA is signed

Packaging
------------
I've found http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/intellij-idea.git/ - I guess
I can base my work on the spec file there, which I'm currently trying to
understand, update and build. I think the best option for me is to create a
github repo for packaging in the beginning.  (as you probably don't trust me :D)

I have already read or am reading
https://fedoramagazine.org/day-life-fedora-packager/ and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

* Are there some important documents I should additionally read?

* Do you have some tips for starting packaging, or dealing with the legacy
status of the package?

* I'm used to gpg-sign my git commits/tags by default. Should I continue this
practice while packaging? I've read somewhere that some people don't want that,
therefore my question.

Thanks :)