Michael Catanzaro píše v St 22. 06. 2016 v 10:22 -0500:
> On Wed, 2016-06-22 at 15:43 +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > So how about similar article about Flatpack? I'd be interested to
> > see
> > the comparison between these two ...
> >

> > Vít
>
> FWIW, I saw some blog last week about how they used a debug build of
> LibreOffice to build the snap, which is what accounted for the huge
> size.

They managed to get it down to 287 MB. LO for Flatpak is 160 MB + ~150
MB is the GNOME runtime. But the GNOME runtime can be shared with many
other apps. So in terms of size, flatpak installations are slightly
bigger in worst scenarios (you use the runtime just for one app) and
significantly smaller in real life scenarios.
But it's just because of the architecture with shared runtimes.
Otherwise there is no reason for size differences, both package the
same apps and same dependencies. Both technologies also support
deduplication, which may have a significant impact on size if you have,
for instance, installed several versions of the same app. But I assume
its efficiency is roughly the same.

Jiri