On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 03:13:49PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 16:10 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >
> > I wonder if we know the fate of this script?
>
> I don't know what if any plans there are for it. Personally I'm all for
> having less crap to test and support, but I know some people do (still)
> use the persistence features.
>
> > Currently it's shipped in the livecd-tools package, which I thought was
> > going to go away at some point soon?
>
> My understanding was that it was livecd-creator specifically that was
> deprecated, not necessarily anything else in livecd-tools. But I could
> well be wrong.
>
> >  Also, since it's not used by live
> > media anymore the copy of that script to the livecd's root dir no
> > longer works. ;(
>
> Sorry, I can't quite parse what you mean here?
>
> > I guess we should ask bcl?

livecd-tools is limping along at the moment. It needs to be deprecated
at some point since it's not going to get a dnf rewrite. I think
dgilmore is still using bits of it for appliance-creator, but that may
have changed.

The livecd-iso-to-disk script itself is pretty self-contained so it
could be moved to a more convenient package. I don't have any
suggestions or preferences as to which one.

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT)