On 11/11/2016 08:59 AM, Randy Barlow wrote:
Hello Friends!

Igor and I were having a discussion on a package review ticket[0] about
how to handle a bundled library that seems to have no upstream that
either of us can find, and for which we don't know its version!

According to the packaging guidelines, it is OK to bundle the library
in certain circumstances, but the package must use Provides:
bundled(<libname>) = <version> in the spec file.

Since we don't know the version, it's difficult to know what to do
here. Also, since we don't know the upstream, it would be difficult to
get the package packaged separately to do it the "nice" way.

What should we do? Is it OK to pass the review with just Provides:
bundled(<libname>) in this edge case?

yes, that's fine.

--
Orion Poplawski