> Kamil Paral wrote:
>
> And why do we need that? Rawhide is a place to do development, not a rolling
> release distro.

What is the purpose of Rawhide if it could be broken anytime?
I can't understand that, the development could be done and Rawhide could be
functional at the same time. It's not exclusive.

If Rawhide is not usable, nobody would use it. And if nobody use Rawhide, it
couldn't be tested in many configurations and your development couldn't be
tested correctly.

So, you can push in Rawhide when the package doesn't brake the system or the
software entirely. It's not interesting to push packages with these issues into
Rawhide.

In my work, you can't push a commit or package in devel branch if it is not
functional. If you want to do development, you can do that locally before push
it, can't you?

And, as mentioned by Adam, Rawhide definition is a rolling functional release.
Of course, not recommended for end users, but with functional GUI or software...

Regards,
Charles-Antoine Couret