> I think it’s the responsibility of the proponents of the change to come up
> with a plan; the Change process was pretty much instituted exactly so that
> there actually *is* *some* plan for seeing through breaking changes.

Agreed, the proponents of the change must identify areas (packages)
which require adjustment.

Mentioned so far:
- fail2ban → should be OK, uses the journal
- sshguard → should be OK, uses the journal
- logwatch → should be OK, uses the journal
- denyhosts → does not care about timestamp format
- logcheck → needs to be checked

So for the first three, somebody needs to check whether their
default configuration is to use the journal (in which case they
should not be influenced by this Change at all), or if some
adjustment is needed.

logcheck needs to be checked.

I think you can ignore non-packaged / non-default configurations,
there's just no way to list, know, or check any of them.

Does anyone know of other software which parses rsyslog timestamps?

Zbyszek