JR> At the same time, some obsolete features of authconfig
JR> would not be supported by authselect.

I have a couple of concerns about this.

First, this seems to impact anaconda/kickstart since the "authconfig"
line basically _is_ an authconfig command line.

Secondly, what would replace a call like:

authconfig --enableldap --ldapbase=dc=whatever

--ldapserver=ldaps://ldap1.whatever,ldaps://ldap2.whatever,ldaps://ldap3.whatever
  --enablekrb5 --krb5realm=WHATEVER
  --krb5kdc=kerberos1.whatever,kerberos2.whatever
  --krb5adminserver=kerberos1.whatever --useshadow

Is setting those ldap and kerberos servers in the proper files now
obsolete functionality?  If that all needs to be configured manually
(since there's no IPA or AD server involved here) then will anaconda
grow support for that or will existing authconfig lines just not work?

Disclaimer: Fortunately for me I've recently switched to doing that kind
of setup via ansible instead of using the authconfig line in kickstart.
So technically I don't care any more, but I can imagine that there are
still a number of people who do.

JR> == Scope ==
JR> * Proposal owners: implement the change
JR> * Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

So I do think this is a bit wider in scope than the authconfig command
going away, unless anaconda has stopped implementing the 'authconfig'
directive by running authconfig.

 - J<