On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> The story with this package (and I think there were some others) is
> that they are required for 'opam' which is a source-based OCaml
> packaging tool (think: Perl and the ‘cpan’ command).  Jon Ludlam
> turned up wanting to get opam into Fedora.
>
> Although opam modules "compete" in some sense with the Fedora ocaml-*
> RPMs we create, there are slightly different use cases because opam
> can access development versions of OCaml which we don't tend to
> package, and it also confines itself to the user's home directory, so
> I don't think there's anything particularly wrong about this.  However
> Jon did then disappear before we got all the opam dependencies into
> Fedora, so that was that.

That's actually why I stumbled across it; I just started using OCaml
for a new project a few days ago and was disappointed that opam was
still not in Fedora, so I decided to investigate what would be
required to make it happen.  I assumed it would probably be safe to
resubmit the other reviews (which I may do over the next few weeks as
time permits), but I wasn't sure what to do about this one. Thanks for
clarifying!

Ben