#fedora-meeting-3: Meeting of the Modularity Working Group (once every two
weeks)

Meeting started by nils at 14:00:21 UTC.

Minutes:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-3/2017-08-08/modularity_wg.2017-08-08-14.00.html
Minutes (text):
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-3/2017-08-08/modularity_wg.2017-08-08-14.00.txt
Log:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-3/2017-08-08/modularity_wg.2017-08-08-14.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (nils, 14:00:29)

* Agenda  (nils, 14:03:56)
  * Module naming policies  (nils, 14:03:56)
  * Host & Platform availability  (nils, 14:03:56)
  * Fedora 27 modular design  (nils, 14:03:56)
  * Modular Atomic Host  (nils, 14:03:56)
  * Modular Guidelines and Review Process  (nils, 14:04:37)

* Module naming policies  (nils, 14:05:05)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/modularity/pull-request/43 Module naming
    policy proposal  (contyk, 14:06:40)

* Host & Platform availability  (nils, 14:08:14)
  * The very first builds of Host & Platform are now available and the
    initial test composes should be ready later today.  (contyk,
    14:14:56)
  * Images will be available once we have the new installer module
    available. The current Platform is messy and will be sanitized over
    the next week or two.  (contyk, 14:15:29)

* Fedora 27 modular design  (nils, 14:15:42)
  * We will be going through the list of required modules for Fedora 27,
    their built-time and runtime dependencies and deciding what buckets
    they should go into.  (contyk, 14:25:44)
  * We will also generate module templates for upstream maintainers
    willing to help us with implementation, to guide them  (contyk,
    14:26:11)
  * LINK: https://github.com/fedora-modularity/dependency-report A
    helper module dependency reporting tool. WIP.  (contyk, 14:26:27)
  * ACTION: langdon to file a ticket in pungi(?) backlog to create a
    modulemd -> pungi config generator  (langdon, 14:44:57)

* Modular Atomic Host  (nils, 14:46:03)
  * LINK: https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/312 Experiment with building
    Atomic Host out of a module  (contyk, 14:46:36)
  * Expect a modular Atomic Host prototype within the next two weeks!
    (contyk, 14:50:51)

* Modular Guidelines and Review Process  (nils, 14:52:50)
  * fedora council approved fesco approving the initial guidelines and
    process, after that this group will be responsible for maintaining
    them  (langdon, 15:00:05)
  * contyk, nils and geppetto are updating the spec (based on a couple
    missing items from the last week or so) and associated guidelines to
    be as close as possible  (langdon, 15:00:23)
  * ACTION: langdon shooting to file a ticket with fesco by the end of
    the week to review it at the next fesco meeting next friday
    (langdon, 15:00:40)
  * ACTION: needs to get the bz product created to file review
    requests.. which I don't think we have done or assigned anyone too
    (langdon, 15:00:50)
  * ACTION: needs to identify any other gaps in the process that I am
    not thinking of  (langdon, 15:01:03)

Meeting ended at 15:04:11 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* langdon to file a ticket in pungi(?) backlog to create a modulemd ->
  pungi config generator
* langdon shooting to file a ticket with fesco by the end of the week to
  review it at the next fesco meeting next friday
* needs to get the bz product created to file review requests.. which I
  don't think we have done or assigned anyone too
* needs to identify any other gaps in the process that I am not thinking
  of

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* langdon
  * langdon to file a ticket in pungi(?) backlog to create a modulemd ->
    pungi config generator
  * langdon shooting to file a ticket with fesco by the end of the week
    to review it at the next fesco meeting next friday
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * needs to get the bz product created to file review requests.. which
    I don't think we have done or assigned anyone too
  * needs to identify any other gaps in the process that I am not
    thinking of

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* contyk (100)
* langdon (57)
* nils (57)
* asamalik (29)
* jkaluza (29)
* threebean (26)
* zodbot (15)
* ttomecek (14)
* tflink (3)
* geppetto (2)
* sgallagh (1)
* jkurik (1)
* dgilmore (1)
* mikedep333tflink (0)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot

--
Nils Philippsen    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
Software Engineer   purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither