On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:51:44 PM CEST Michal Novotny wrote:
> Hey Kamil,
>
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Kamil Dudka <kdu...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:04:24 AM CEST Matthias Runge wrote:
> > > - the ability to directly upload srpms; that is, one can store spec
> > >
> > >   files etc. on the local machine. I'm undecided, if integrating a
> > >   distgit on copr would solve any issues or would introduce more, like
> > >   diverging specs.
> >
> > Building packages from dist-git is already possible via 'copr
> > buildfedpkg'.
> > The problem is that the last time I tried, it only worked for the official
> > Fedora branches.  All attempts to build something from a private-kdudka-*
> > branch failed with the well known "Could not find the dist from branch
> > name"
> > failure of fedpkg.  Unless arbitrary dist-git branches are suported, the
> > 'copr buildfedpkg' command is pretty useless.
>
> Actually, we already support arbitrary dist-git branches in COPR

Sounds good.  I wanted to check this:

% copr buildfedpkg --branch private-kdudka-libcurl-nss --clone-url
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/curl.git kdudka/tmp
Build was added to tmp:
  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/build/592748/
Created builds: 592748
Watching build(s): (this may be safely interrupted)
  16:20:56 Build 592748: importing

But the task hangs indefinitely in the "importing" state.  You can see that
http://copr-dist-git.fedorainfracloud.org/per-task-logs/592748.log still
grows with obvious periodicity.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Kamil