On Thu, 2017-08-24 at 09:47 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 08/24/2017 09:25 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
> > I really think we have to revert to 6 in stable branch
> > (and perhaps even in F27, which is very close to feature freeze)
> >
> > - soname bump
> > - lot of removed API
> > - HDRI enabled by default
>
> The SONAME is changing in 6.9 as well so I'm not sure reverting is great
> either
> otherwise I would have done it.
>
> I'm prepared to perform rebuilds and push updates to get this resolved.
> Assuming no
> objections in the next day I'll get it rolling. Worst case if there's
> negative karma
> on the updates I'll push a revert to 6.9.

As Remi said, the changes in 6.9.9 are far less significant than those
in 7.0.6. As several people pointed out, sending 7.x to stable releases
is clearly against the updates policy. I'd agree we definitely must
revert to 6.x for F25 and F26 updates; for those we should send out a
6.9.9-9 update with rebuilds of all deps. I don't care if F27 and
Rawhide go to 6.9.9-9 or 7.0.6, but whichever, it should get done soon
at least for F27.

I'm also willing to work on this, but everyone who's interested should
agree on a plan first, and then we could possibly split the work up
(e.g. into 6.x and 7.x work).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey