RPH> I was referring to: section 37 ("Scripting inside of spec files ")

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Scripting_inside_of_spec_files

Well, OK.  I mean, Lua is right there so I'm not sure why you say it
would need to be added, and I don't see why bash would be there since by
default the scriptlets are all already in bash.  The intent of that
guideline is to cover the case where you need to call some other program
to, say, parse some data out of a file or make a substitution in %build,
%prep or %install.  It (explicitly) doesn't cover %post of the like at
all, so it's purely an rpmbuild thing.

The idea is that we would really rather people not go calling tcl or
whatever in their scriptlets and thus moving tcl into the list of things
you need to build in order to build other things.

That said, the guideline is rather old and might not really reflect
current attitudes.  My understanding of current attitudes is that, say,
gawk and sed would be preferred to Perl (so #2 and #3 on that list would
be switched).  But I could certainly be wrong.

 - J<