On Mon, 2017-12-04 at 13:19 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-12-04 at 16:01 -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> > On 12/02/2017 01:15 PM, Fedora Rawhide Report sent this report, quoted
> > in its entirety:
> >
> > Could someone associated with Fedora Modular bikeshed look into
> > this---the automated reports come out empty for as many cycles as I can
> > remember. Maybe if there aren't any changes, don't send anything?
>
> It's more likely that this happens because the code that's intended to
> produce reports for other composes also fires for Bikeshed composes,
> but doesn't know how to analyze modular composes properly. That code is
> https://pagure.io/compose-utils/blob/master/f/compose_utils/changelog.py
> .

Well, now I refresh my memory, it's a bit more than that. I've just
dived in and debugged this, along with puiterwijk. Long story short,
it's basically because the nightly modular compose script doesn't bail
out when the compose fails, but continues with all the steps it should
only do for successful composes - including sending out this
'changelog' mail. The nightly non-modular compose script, by
comparison, checks the return code from pungi-koji and bails out if
it's non-zero, skipping all the steps that should only happen for a
successful compose.

We'll get that fixed somehow.
--
Adam Williamson